Monday 16 October 2017

Review of LETONGYING Wooden Toys Puzzle Big Villa

Since my daughter has me wrapped around her finger, I decided to do something special for her. I was browsing online and saw this kit and saw the possibility of making a doll house for her.


The kit comes packed in very thin plastic film. The pieces are nicely arranged in runners from which you need to pop them out. Seeing that this is wood, it can be a little difficult if the parts have not been punched in properly.


I decided to paint the outer walls with acrylic paint. I whipped up my own concoction of "purple". Yes Yes..it is purple. I dub thee..."Purple Night"


I let the pieces dry then realised that the insides had a very smudges from the paint as well so I decided to paint the insides in a mix of ochre.


Then I started slotting in the pieces into the base. I used crafts glue to hold the pieces in and hold them together. Since I did not want to paint the base, I used marker to draw squares on the floors to make them look tiled.


The walls were up and then I slotted in the windows.


The windows come pre painted in pink so painting needed here.



More close ups



All the windows in and ready for the floors to be slotted in. Then I realized the problem. The floors would not go in without a struggle. I needed to take the walls out and then work the floors in then slot the walls back into the base.




That took some effort. Breaking apart the glued walls and stuff but I managed to do it without much serious damage. Then I slotted everything back in together.


The staircases ready and slotted in. They seem to have forgotten to include a step in the staircase. I will have to look through carefully again.


The roof on.


The top view of the villa.


From the other side.


The one page instructions.


Simple instructions where pieces are joined together matching the numbers.


The finished furniture pieces ready to be placed inside the villa.







Close up of the furniture inside the villa. It looks very cute. Was very satisfying making this doll house. Also managed to do some painting so that was a first for me as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment