Monday 27 November 2017

Review of Xingbao XB-11001 Cute Dragon




If you were an arcade kid growing up in the 1980's then you would know a game called, Bubble Bobble. It was quite popular and was made for two players playing as a team. So imagine my surprise seeing the same game ported over into the plastic bricks universe by Xingbao as Xingbao XB-11001 Cute Dragon. I got this one from the guys at Brixit, You can find them on Carousell as well.



Comes packed with the usual care that Xingbao takes of its pieces.


As always the manual gives a bit of a background about this MOC designers.


The first figure was built by my 6 year old son along with his friend from next door. That should give you a little idea about how easy or difficult the kit is. The final figure looks nice but the construction being very simple, the pieces tend to fall off if not handled carefully. So I am thinking, it should look good sitting on your display shelf but nothing more.


I started making the second figure to get more hands on experience of this kit. As expected, the pieces are simple and easy to fit together but not very strong in connection. I would blame the simple design rather than the quality of the pieces for this.





I was missing a few pieces but then I rummaged though my left over collection and found replacements in different colours. The construction of the head as can be seen is in two parts which are then held together. Not the most ideal kind of connection if you want to make it firm.




The green dragon seems to be the most secure of the two, maybe that is because it does not have a moving head.



All in all, very simple construction. Nothing much to write home about. I can see the charm of having them sitting on your display because the kit does look cute but handle with extreme care.

If you have enjoyed this post, then please share it. You can also subscribe and follow me using the options to the right. Leave me comments for any questions or even if you just want to say Hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment